Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Next to last "long" run

10/21/06. 12.2 miles including the Queesboro bridge, 1st ave from 59th to 116th, 5th ave from 116th to 90th, and the end of the marathon course in the park.

Lessons learned: the Queensboro bridge is long, but the incline wasn't as bad as I was expecting (I'm sure I'll feel otherwise when I hit it 15 miles into the race); 1st ave is a long, steady incline, but I didn't even really notice I was running uphill until I looked ahead of me so really it's all mental; 5th avenue is not the end of the race, as much as it feels that way, and the uphill from 103 to 90th is a b*tch with a capital B; the entrance to the park is not the end of the race; the exit from the park onto Central Park South is not the end of the race; Columbus Circle is not the end of the race; Tavern on the Green IS the end of the race and I may go all out accordingly.

PS- I got chills when I crossed what will be the finish line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home