Friday, November 10, 2006

Marathon Pics!

THE START...
The bridge literally shook underneath us as we ran over it... kind of like running on a trampoline, very weird and unnerving. Felt a little nauseated, not gonna lie



The first two miles looked like this, perhaps this is why I could only run an average of 9:37 mile during the first 5K...







THE RACE...
My pace group, somewhere in Brooklyn before we got seperated.





Look at those hot quad muscles! (somewhere along 1st ave, I think)








Perky at Mile 18!











Still perky at 23! (hair is also perky/out of control)











THE FINISH!!!! And the crowd goes wild!

Good thing I'm wearing a bright day-glo neon shirt, otherwise you might miss me. Fun Fact: They announced my name as I was crossing the finish... yeah, I'm that important. Basically they only announce the winners, Lance (of course), and yours truly. (that's what i'm telling myself at least)






Still standing after the finish!

I heart mylar blankets. I kind of want mylar bed sheets, is that weird? Although the crunching sound might keep me up...














After about an hour of searching for them in the hoardes that had invaded Central Park, me and the Fam at the finish. Jon looks a little disgruntled, I think he was jealous of my mylar blanket.







ahhh... now that's what i'm talking about.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Landau, Luckman, and Lake said...

Wooooooooooohhh. Go Sarah.
You're gonna have to give me some training advice for next year.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Dee said...

just passin thru

wow! congratulations!
I don't know what else to say. I am awed. Nice work.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Dave Wakeman's Blog said...

I will expect that we will be getting pictures of the beer mile soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home